The work of OSTA focuses on the following core services:
- Expand and maintain the Research and Innovation Network Austria (RINA) - an interdisciplinary network of Austrian researchers, R&D managers, and S&T policy experts in North America.
- Consult and inform on Austrian and North American policy in science, research, and technology.
- Support and advise on the initiation of new R&D cooperation between Austrian and North American institutions.
- Inform via Bridges, our free online magazine on current topics of research and technology policy in Austria, Europe, and North America.
- Increase the visibility of innovations made in Austria.
- Support and connect Austrian institutions with their North American peers.
- Offer visitor programs and study tours.
- Conduct policy analysis with knowledge of current trends in Austria and North America.